View Single Post
Old 12-29-21, 10:31 AM   #94
Niume
Sea Lord

Downloads: 499
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mardigan View Post
Just dropped a download on the new version & have to say...

Mein Gott...

she is a beaut...

Just a few queries & I'll hope you'll not take them as criticisms... but, rather suggestions for just a bit of tweaking & improving the... experience.

For starters...

U boat diving, In SH3... when your sub begins its plunge beneath the water... is more... fluid &... natural feel & look.

Bow digs in deep & the stern is last to slip beneath/ It stays that way until it nears the ordered dive depth, where it dips a meter or so, deeper then levels & slowly on an even keel rises to level off at that depth.

If possible, see of some tweaking in that to do that... I would but have no idea where to even begin. Just a suggested improvement. Cam view (Interior, control room cam, that is... ), would also bene, from a bit of adjustment to follow the dive movement, as well.

Watched the whole dive while in the sub school: nav training... so wasn't able to observe doing a crash dive, but... probably wouldn't hurt to see if that, as well, couldn't be tweaked a bit, too.

Was used to the f9 taking 1, to the sonar/radio area on board the boat... but... when I tried that key out... instead of taking Me there, it slammed Me to being at the attack scope.

Any possible insight into, how to go about changing it to where you go to the sonar/radio instead...

Clicking on the area that led into the conning tower, used to take you into that area... yet won't now. As with the sonar/radio above... any insights into making it where you can again, there as well.

Did a new... intro (well, more of copy/dropping, really... ) the 1 from 1Alex's GWX mod set, a copy/drop of the back1 from GWX's das boot menu & the music master menu loop, into a jsgme ready folder & giving it a das boot feel with the menu. That jsgme ready mod folder, also includes the DBSM & fix set for SH4... with a few tweaks that I worked out, carefully combing through various sound mods & gene splicing til I was satisfied...

Still, have some others that I need to go through & see of if they are worth adding into the mix.

But, that parts for later on. Everything to do with the last, is for giving a "in depth, feel as though you're there" in Das Boot...

With the tweaks I did for the intro, back1 vid & master menu loop... loving the look & sound of it.

If any would like a more... in depth mapping of what I did for that part, will be glad to answer any questions on that aspect.

End query.

M. M.
Thank you for your insights. Could you share your sound mod? Maybe I will integrate some of them.

GLORY TO UKRAINE!

[ENG] SH 4 KSD II Ace Edition
Niume is offline   Reply With Quote