View Single Post
Old 06-24-11, 05:25 PM   #81
Tinman764
Chief

Downloads: 177
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis View Post
"Ah you are most kind. Thank you. A smoke is the only pleasure I have been able to enjoy lately, but perhaps that is about to change?" Nisgeis said as he accepted an offered cigarette and light from Tinman764. He smiled broadly, but with cold eyes.

“Now, of course I am merely a humble servant of the great German war machine and I know as much as you, perhaps even less, I am sure. You are a man who likes to keep himself informed after all and it is all I can do these days to keep abreast of the rapidly changing political situation at home. However, let us take a few facts into account and see if we can make sense of them.”

“We know that we are on a secret base in a remote part of the world, which for all intents and purposes does not exist. We also know that a submarine full to the brim with the latest technology from the enemy just happens to land a hundred yards from an observation tower in a base, that you will recall, does not exist.”

“This submarine was, shall we say, performing an attack of ‘dubious’ merit. Namely, an attack on a heavily defended convoy during broad day light so close to an enemy coast that any major damage would have invited disaster and scuttling of the boat.”

“Yet, no scuttling took place.”

“When a sub that should have sunk arrives at a base that does not exist, people are expected to ask certain questions. It’s natural. We all know that.”

“But, surely you can see how discussion of a Britisher spy does not do our cause any good? There is of course no Britisher spy, but you can of course see how his position could be exposed merely by mentioning it to the prisoners. To have such an influence on a mission, the rank achieved must have been high. It would be a shame to nullify his patience with our impatience.”

“I’d like you to refrain from discussing further about Britisher spies and how they communicated with the task force that attacked them. Oberst Hunter IXC will be able to extricate them after a fashion, one at a time without arousing suspicion, if he is clever, which I believe him to be. Pass the word to the rest of the men that no one is to mention Britisher spies.”

“Oh, but my firend, too much of this oppressive work… Tell me… you have a wife? Girlfriend? What are her favourite flowers?”. Nisgeis drew a last drag on the cigarette given to him by Tinman764, let it drop to the floor and without a thought ground his heel into it, until it was dead.

He then turned and strode off towards the prized British submarine to search it from Bow to Sterm thoroughly.
"Roses..." he says to the vanishing figure of Nisgeis. "Um.."
*Lights another cigarette*
Surely when an SS officer confides so much to 1 person.. that must have a meaning.... right?
"Scheiße", mutters Tinman - I forgot to ask him if I can take part in the interigations!
Ok, so he doesn't want the others talking about English spies... I must make sure they don't - but he told me about it, so that means he must trust me with this information.
It's about time something interesting happened on this rock!

*Heads down to the Dormitories, finds some paper and a pen and in large letters posts a sign outside the door to the dorm - *

"BY ORDER OF THE SS -
THERE IS TO BE NO TALK OF ENGLISH SPIES!"

That should do it!