View Single Post
Old 11-22-13, 01:13 PM   #88
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
"Strongest bow"? You mean as an overall assessment? Maybe. Maybe not.
No, lbs wise, like strongest from strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Physically, a compound bow is superior in range, precision and power brought onto the arrow=penetration power. The arrow also flies more stable. A Longbow on the other hand should be more silent, and allow a faster shot frequency.
That doesn't depend on the bow-form, like longbow, recurve or compound, that depends on how those bows are made and what for...

Anyways, the compounds are rather weak in the game. Too weak for the lbs shown in their stats. But I mentioned that before. A 100lbs longbow would still be much more powerful. I would also not underestimate its precision as well. While it lacks stabilizers and has no aiming assistance, a good shooter will hit what he wants at 50m+. And what do we shoot at in theHunter? ~10m? Its a joke...

A distant friend of mine was the 2012 European champion in Feldbogenschießen, he also introduced me into archery and teach me a few things. Sure, he is one of the best, yet he shoots "primitive" self made bows and it is astonishing what he is able to hit and at what distances... And every descent bow will have no problem at all penetrating even bigger game like elk and moose.
I find this very disappointing in the game... again, "balancing" strikes...