View Single Post
Old 11-22-13, 11:38 AM   #86
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
It's worthwhile to keep in mind that the major concern for them is to make the weapons with different specs ingame, so that you do not have one single weapon with all advantages (penetration, precision, stealth). I can live with that, since I understand that it is part of their business model that dictates it, if they want to continue development. I personally see no point it getting the longbow. Nor is anyone forced to buy any newly released weapon. I do not plan to buy any new weapon at all. All needs in that regard are already fulfilled, and more than that.

Best investments beyond your armory are tents, certain consumables, and some of the functionality clothes. Binoculars with laser range finder, if you are an arrow-user.

Beyond that it is eyecandy.

One can spend a little fortune on this game, it is the most expensive game I ever used. But beyond a certain point one can also avoid that - and just spend on renewing the membership once or twice a year.

The good news is, different to so many other games with payware content, beyond relatively little stuff all additional stuff is not mandatory for you to get if you want to keep your chances for successful gameplay. you can perfectly go on without that new stuff. They try to bait you, yes, with eye candy. But they do not overstep the red line to making buying it mandatory, directly or in directly.
I know all that. It's just... finally they make the longbow...and than it is not what it should be and also so in between the others that there is no need for it.

It should have been the strongest bow. This would have been a logical step...but no, lets fork it up again.

Time for a Döner to compensate my bad mood