View Single Post
Old 11-09-13, 07:03 PM   #76
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
Yes, but I understand that this sim also is a game and the various bows must be made having differences that nevertheless are balanced to each other. There is no point in having one bow that is the most precise, strongest and most silent because then there is no need to chose any of the others. The crossbow for strength and long distance (you can lie down on the ground with it), the Python for silence.
I know, yet I really don't appreciate this marketing and balancing strategy. We had the compound and the recurve bow. The next logical (and wanted) step would have been a strong longbow. Why?

You got the compound bow for "easy" shooting. It is strong, you can anchor it a long time (in RL as well), it is very stable due to light and modern design and the aiming dots will help the most imbecile shooter to hit something not too far away.

Then we got the recurve bow.
A weapon for enthusiasts and traditional bow hunters or those who want to learn it, who wants a challenge of getting even closer to place a good shot. I fell in love on first sight.
This one should be a tad stronger to compensate for the heavier shaking, less anchoring and lack of aiming assistance.

Then we should have had the Longbow, not another compound. Why?
The Longbow would have been the strongest, lets say a 110lbs monster. You could not anchor it and would have to shoot even more instinctive as with the recurve. Pull and release, no anchoring, maximum a second or so.
To compensate the even more difficult shooting it would have been the strongest, dropping big game easily.

What did they do? Bring us another compound. And why?
Money/Licence reasons. How I hate that...
I want them to have money, it's not that. But the recent money-pressing strategy just makes me mad...

If they at least would get a deal with Mauser so we would see the Mauser M03/M12/M98 series... gah.