View Single Post
Old 11-03-23, 08:12 AM   #2766
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlySkydiver View Post
Awesome! Didn't even realize this mod was gonna include sub interiors. It's gonna be sick going through and exploring them in the future. Thank you for all the hard work.
Absolutely.... My pleasure. Out of necessity lots of parts will be reused. I only managed to find one single photo of the UB-II class interior, for example. And there definitely will not be a full U-Cruiser/U-139 Class interior, that would just take too long. I am thinking about having one torpedo room for all classes with four forward tubes and another torpedo room model for the 2 forward tube boats, like the U-31 class. It will be easy to replace two of the torpedo tubes with pipes and extra oxygen cylinders.

Surprisingly, the U-139 forward torpedo room was extremely cramped, despite them being huge submarines; I was looking at photos last night and their bow compartment was almost as cramped as the UB-III class. The U-139 forward living/working stations were unpleasant - to say the least .... filthy, claustrophobic, and made worse by having four torpedoes taking up bunk space ..... until they were fired off while on patrol. There simply was not much attention to habitability on subs in WWI, their crewmembers truly were men of iron! It turns out, this helps me ... it means that one 4-tube forward torpedo room can plausibly be used for the biggest U-Boats.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote