View Single Post
Old 08-19-20, 11:38 AM   #1655
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Oh-ho-ho, the ~stories~ we could both tell of programming! Indeed, original programming is easy, especially compared to being a person 10 years after-the-fact trying to alter undocumented "black box" code and scripting... you have no idea where to begin... lol - If I would have only known Jeff-Groves back then, I could have called him and said "Jeff, I need some help!" and he would have said "Oh, that's easy! All you do is..." - But I find that trying to refresh myself in C (for Linux & DOS) is much easier than trying to re-acquaint myself with the 'modern' Visual Basic or C#... I just do NOT grasp some of the arcane (to me) methodologies employed... memory management is much easier I suppose, than the old days... lol - and about the only thing more difficult to comprehend is this spiderweb of intrigue inside the SH4 text files, trying to relate one file to another without any form of documentation (sound familiar??), which is where ETR3(SS) came in to the rescue and helped walk me through the files, else I'd still be thrashing about... lol - I think the programmers had ideas of what they wanted to have in the game, and some "names" and IDs are just there for an intended "future use" that never happened...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote