View Single Post
Old 04-15-11, 06:03 PM   #6
CaptainMattJ.
The Old Man

Downloads: 55
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Would it be possible to make a mod that completely removes injured crew from the game? I'm tired of my boat getting hit by a few machine gun rounds and having half of my officers wounded and not able to conduct functions like repairing the boat.

Injuries aren't as important in a game like this. More often than not, if a sub got in trouble it meant all lived or all died. I think it was very rare for individual crew members to be wounded. It was sort of a zero sum game.
Not the case fortunately. People can escape from submerged uboats at reasonable depths (people can withstand deeper depths then their breaths can get them to the surface without drowning), and Depth charges could blow a hole in a single section of the boat, causing either instant pressure implosion for That crew(at very deep depths) or possibly drown the crew in that compartment. Watch crews could be struck by shrapnel from bombs or bullets from MG's.

A popular Government without popular information nor the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own Governors must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives
- James Madison
CaptainMattJ. is offline   Reply With Quote