View Single Post
Old 04-02-23, 12:39 PM   #186
Rockstar
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
That information is already publicly available through the National Library of Medicine (est. 1836). That information is also included (albeit in truncated form) every time a prescription is filled.

The problem with this issue, is people are mistaking a symptom (gun violence) for a cause (human behavior), and are trying to eradicate the symptom without addressing the cause. which has never worked, not once, in the last 6000 years of civilization.

I should also add that even though the Second Amendment of the Constitution protects our right to bear arms, ownership is not unconditional. Making mental health information as well as a criminal record available to sellers is maybe one way to reduce sales to nut cases.

Look at Australia they didn’t ban firearms, in fact sales are booming. What they did was tighten up the criteria for ownership. Though reduced they have still have from time to time what are considered mass shootings it’s just not something you hear about unless you dig a little. Extremists would lead us to believe all firearms have been banned in Aussie land and mass shootings stopped since ‘96.

Honestly I really don’t have the answer how keep nut jobs from owning a firearm.

Let's assume I'm right, it'll save time.

Last edited by Rockstar; 04-02-23 at 12:54 PM.
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote