Thread: [TEC] IRAI question
View Single Post
Old 05-22-20, 04:42 AM   #3
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Welcome aboard Bystryi!

Please read below my understanding of the parameters that your question refers to.
  • Detection time: the minimum time in seconds a submarine must be within the detection cone of an enemy hydrophone, before it can be detected (that simulates sensor's latency + operator's reaction time)

• Sensitivity: a positive number bigger than 0 and smaller or equal to 1; it determines the maximum detection time: at Sensitivity x MaxRange* distance, we have a double detection time. Let's say that MaxRange = 8500 m and (minimum) Detection time = 3 s. With a sensitivity value of 0.1, we would have a latency of (3 x 2 =) 6 s at a range of (0.1 x 8500 =) 850 m. If the sensitivity is increased to 0.9 the same latency time will occur at a range of 7650 m.
    N.B: if not set to 0, the Sensitivity parameter in each sensor's obj_Sesor controller, will override the global Sensitivity factor is sim.cfg file.

• Height factor: I am not sure about this one, all I know for sure is that its unit is in meters, but I have read that if a potential target is found between that height and the sea level, it can't be detected by the sensor. Therefore for hydrophone and ASDIC negative values should be used.
    There are individual Min and MaxHeight parameters in the obj_Sensor controllers, but I ignore how they interact with the global height factor.

• Waves factor: a value comprised between 0 and 1. It it seems to determine how much the sensor will be affected by waves. 0 = no effect, 1 = maximum effect (i.e. poorer detection).

• Speed factor: this is the maximum speed, in knots, at which the destroyers will be able to hear anything. Beyond that speed they become completely deaf.

• Noise factor: comprised between 0 and 1, this is how much the sensor detection will be affected by own engine noise. 0 = no effect, 1 = maximum effect.

• Thermal Layer Signal Attenuation: a positive number, this value determines how much sensor's signal will be attenuated for a target below the thermal layer. The higher this number, the stronger its effect with a linear correlation.

• Min Signal Strength: the signal strength is an internal variable that the game calculates on the base of all other factors. Min Signal Strength is the threshold value below which no detection is made.

* as set in sensor's sim file controller.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote