View Single Post
Old 10-09-17, 04:30 AM   #13
CaptainCruise
Eternal Patrol

Location: Long Island, New York...home of the 5 gallon economy bucket of "Cruiser's Crunchy Egg Salad"!!!
Downloads: 344
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bandit View Post
Well I've actually made nearly all variants of the Mk37. Mod 0 and 3 non-wire guided and Mod 1 and 2 wire-guided, plus Mk 37C although considerably few submarines have all of as I think each platform tops out at around 7 weapons (not including what types the VLS can accommodate)

That makes a bit of sense and, I think I'll do some testing with torpedoes set to active to see how well enemies notice the. Not at all sure if this is even possible (or easy to do) but, what I would propose is having 3 modes for the Torpedo: Pre-enable/Transit , passive enable (where the torpedo comes up to full speed and starts seeking) and active enable (with the high-noise level so that whatever its shot at reasonably hears the active sonar echo and can evade accordingly).

On the topic of torpedoes as well, this may be a mistaken assumption on my part but, would it be possible to create a passive/active guidance mode? My understanding (especially on many non-wire-guided homing torpedoes) is that once a torpedo gets a good sniff of something passive and goes terminal, it would then switch to active-mode for greater accuracy.
That sounds like an interesting idea. How about trying it with the Mk16 we already have in the game? It's useless anyway, maybe giving it a passive/active seeker that sniffs for a target, then goes active if it finds a target it can't maintain passively? Just a thought. I'm so dang frustrated with the Mk16 taking up space on my sub I could be using for salami and pickles.

"CC"
CaptainCruise is offline   Reply With Quote