View Single Post
Old 09-29-22, 05:25 PM   #5036
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by !!HansGruber!! View Post
Thanks propbeanie. You could have saved yourself a lot of typing by stopping after "Early 1944 would be the 43a series of files".

I had assumed it being 1944 we were using the 44a files but you know what assuming does.

Thanks for all that you do sir.
That was my assumption on the files, but just in case, and to educate others that stop by. Thanks, and thanks for the thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Thank you, KM. That was my choice too.

I'm guessing that we cannot fix the early award date because it is in the code, not the files.

Thanks again!
KaleunMarco speak truth -
UnitInterval= 1943-05-21, 1963-07-11
Never take a Balao before 05-21, and in fact, just to be "safe", it's "AvailabilityInterval= 1943-06-03, 1943-11-12" at Brisbane, "AvailabilityInterval= 1943-06-01, 1943-07-01" at Treasure Island and "AvailabilityInterval= 1943-05-24, 1943-07-12" at Mare Island. Brisbane is regular patrols, Treasure Island is a "Dunk & Go" one mission and then to Brisbane, while Treasure Island is (supposed to be) 3 training missions and then to Brisbane. Pearl is "AvailabilityInterval= 1943-07-01, NULL". It used to be that the game would transfer you automatically to the first base where the boat is available if you got it too soon, but would keep you where you were if it was just a little too early. We had the Balao and Tench written up somewhere in the mod's documentation about this, but I couldn't find it right away just now... we should have a "real" user's guide next release - which might take a while in and of itself... lol - very frustrating trying to deal with this "early boat as a reward" issue, both from a player's perspective, but also a modder's... sigh

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote