Old 10-22-08, 12:24 PM   #818
skwasjer
The Old Man

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive1
skywasjer:
I've been having trouble opening files using S3B for SH4/TM/RSRD to edit files for the involved submarines. I had no trouble doing this for the GWX/SH3 subs, but am having a problem with doing the same for the SH4/above subs. Here's more detail I put into a query in another thread. I was reminded that you had written the program. (I couldn't find your 'address') And so here's my question:

I can open the *.val, *.zon and *.sim, etc files for each sub but I cannot edit anything on the opened screen - that is , I do not get the "I" icon to edit and insert/delete on any given 'selected' line; for example, sub range surfaced - I cannot change the number in the file although it is 'selected' or highlighted. Used to do so with GWX in SH3 without any problem, to adjust draft, wakes etc, but cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong here. Probably me, not the program. Maybe have to query the developer (name escapes me at present).
I never experienced this problem, nor do I have any idea why that would happen.

- I assume you use the latest version?
- Maybe try a reinstall (check if the program directory is removed after uninstallation as well).
- Have you recently installed an update of certain software?
- Briefly try to deactivate your virusscanner (but turn it back on after you've done testing)

I can't think of any reason why you can't edit the values...
skwasjer is offline   Reply With Quote