View Single Post
Old 10-17-08, 10:29 PM   #11
kiwi_2005
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 223
Uploads: 1

Hardware insanity!
I grabbed an old Sound Blaster live 5.1 i use to use in older pc she came out 2003, to replace the mobo's onboard sound. Works like a charm thats after many hours of trying to get it to install as i first thought the card was dead the OEM sound card software would come up with an error "No sound card found, please make sure card is installed" Well its installed i know cause i was looking right at it at the time having the case open. Cards dead? Or maybe mobos PCI slots are buggered? I tried all 4 of them only to get the same message in windows. Now any right minded person would of thrown out the card by now this is after turning pc off trying another slot go back into windows try to install only to get 'No sound card found' error. Why go on. Cause i hated my onboard sound with a passion i was going to make this card work if it took me friggin days! The card is not dead, i kept telling myself. All onboard drivers were uninstalled, the cards been sitting in its static bag in a draw so its hardly been handle. This card is NOT dead! Stupid dumass windows messages!

Once i tried Safe mode the software found the card! Everything works, i now have my surround sound back using AudioHQ where you can adjust your sound quality.
Ive had it running for a few weeks all games work with this old card, had a slight problem with the Arma game i lost all sound when i started her up found out i had to download the creative DLL file 'OpenAL' all fixed once that was installed. The onboard sound was total rubbish it claims surround sound but i would always get it as normal speaker sound (2).

So Reese i know what your going through just dont give up I would say keep trying give safemode a try, but your cards is for 64bit OS and your running a 32bit. Not going to work. Another is needed. If you come across a Creative Sound Blaster 5.1 for $5 grab it!

Those who can't laugh at themselves leave the job to others.

kiwi_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote