Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
Would look a lot better without the FPS notification.

But without it, how would you know how much fps am I getting with the mod?

Its a purpose screenshot, to show the performance vs the visuals. I took it from my thread.

I'll get a new one, clean, for the next.
Taking nothing away from the quality of the shot ....but your not portraying an accurate assessment unless you notify people of your system specs. (if you've done that elsewhere, fair enough....I've only seen said screenshot on this thread).

Over at GWX we have tinkered with particle density etc. on a myriad of things but only the high end spec machines are able to cope without a massive FPS drop or even in some cases a CTD.

I suspect there are many people out there with low to mid level machines.
You're right. People with better machines are already getting used to SH4. The ones with bad taste, at least.

I'm getting more than 60 fps with this mod, but as I have v-sync on, it keeps locked to my monitor frequency, which is 60hz. But I think I'm getting something around 90-120 fps.

My specs are:

Core 2 duo E4700
4 GB ddr2 800 2x2 dual channel
500gb sata2
geforce 9600gt 512mb XFX.

There's a lot of people with better specs then this playing sh3. But I agree with you that the majority of people have specs close to gwx's recommended.

This mod will only take a bit more of graphics and a little more cpu.
Im getting 60+ with this mod with and without ships/convoys. The only time I get under 40 fps is when in harbor.