View Single Post
Old 09-17-08, 04:00 PM   #21
AirHippo
Sailor man

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frame57
Agreed! Out running a torpedo is like outrunning the cops with a chopper in the air
Only Kyle Reese can outrun a torpedo? Nifty. Have to get him in a hamster wheel some time </BadTerminatorJoke>

Goldorak, I'm presently avoiding multiplayer quite avidly. This is mostly because I don't fancy the work of having to simultaneously be a helmsman, engineer, sonar operator, ESM operator, radioman, TMA operator (ugh) and so forth, less still when I'm also having to do all this under the pressure of being imminently turned from a submarine into a shipwreck. Furthermore, having to enter the field, populated by now solely by people who've been doing this for many many months and know every trick in the book (or at least the first half), doesn't appeal very much.

Combine the two and I've an excellent reason for sticking with SP, where the frustrations (like the computer being a git) are balanced by the fact I can let the auto-crew do the work until I choose otherwise. All the satisfaction, without the spending six months being relentlessly killed to death by everyone else. By the way, the thought of an SCU for DW interests me; care to enlighten me as to where I can find it, or is this knowledge preserved for the Chosen Few?
AirHippo is offline   Reply With Quote