View Single Post
Old 08-25-08, 05:07 PM   #4
John Channing
Sea Lord

Downloads: 156
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkShot
I get the impression that this thread will be zapped very soon due to the questionable sites.

@MOD - However, could we keep the titles for discussion?

I recently checked out Wolfpack. Three things struck me:

(1) Conceptually a very nice attempt to address the larger battle between the subs and the convoy, but sadly a bit arcadish. It didn't measure up to a game like AOD.

(2) Despite using a very low res display, the designers tried to squeeze everthing on a single screen. I don't think that worked very well given the technology of the time. They would have needed at least at 1024x768 display to do it on a single screen without flipping displays like most subsims. Too cluttered, confusing, and hard to manipulate given the low res.

(3) The number of included scenarios were very limited and I did not really feel like building my own.

Does anyone have any other comments about WolfPack by Broderbund? Thanks. (could I have misjudged)
Nope... you pretty well have it. There were some other anoying things as I recall. One was if you put you sub into a dive and then switched to another sub your first one would dive until it imploded.

JCC
John Channing is offline   Reply With Quote