View Single Post
Old 08-22-08, 03:04 AM   #681
Orion2012
Commodore

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenjen
Mine is a clean install to V1.5 with JSGME enabled: REL_TriggerMaru_Overhaul_152 / TMO_SBoat_engine_Patch / RSRDC_TMOv15_V371 / RSRDC_V371_Patch10 / RSRDC_AuxGB_Fix / TMO_FloatPlane_fix

I have now JSGME un-installed all that (which is what is giving me the above described problems) & I'm now going to try the RFB w/ RSRD & ROW PE

I like the RSRD arrangement & the fact that it really cut down on the ubsurd air traffic; that's why I'm going to give it a shot in the RFB configuration. I'd really like TMO for V1.5 if it didn't pork the easy torpedo targeting...I simply do not know how to manually target & I don't have the patience/time to learn it right now.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjimeneza
I suggest you remove the game, delete the sh4 folder in your C:my documents and start anew, the game deservers the mods done for v1.5, dont give up yet
Oh sorry I missed your response earlier, not snubbing you at all. The answer to that is, the original SH4 V1.5 C:My Documents SH4 folder was just moved to the desktop & a copy of the V1.4 folder put in it's place. When I had problems I did indeed put the original V1.5 folder back - it's a fresh install, patched directly to V1.5 already. TM is a great mod I'm sure, but I moved on to a NSM4 / ROW PE / RFB / RSRD combo that is nearly 100% right outta the gate so I think I'm going to take that ball & run with it.
You won't be disappointed with RFB, as I frequently have a career active in both. The map has been changed up quite a bit, but all of that can be tweaked to your liking, or at least I did.

It sounds like you had TMO installed correctly, although why it messed up the auto targetting baffles me. I too find manual targetting too much like high school geometry class and use the good ol point and shoot method, and have had no problems with TMO.

Either way you go, you'll have a good time.

Good Hunting.
Orion2012 is offline   Reply With Quote