View Single Post
Old 07-07-08, 11:17 AM   #9
Frame57
Sea Lord

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Yes, I see where you un-installed it and it works for you. Hmmm! The mods only affect the sensors and weps etc... But the overall mission itself should be the same. So this makes it more interesting. Remember the last training mission in 688i? The one where you are going against a skilled sub skipper? The secret to that mission is that he is already relatively close and the thing to do was NOT to deploy towed array and Immediately go to 3 knts. And 9 out of 10 times you can bag the guy fairly easily. Also what I have found in these so called missions is they want you to go to PD to get comms. Forget it! They are useless. The fact you make noise by raising your mast gives you away. This is particulary true in DW quick missions. I sue the SC mission basically for a learning curve when i started it. The fun for me is to have my nephew make some intricate mission in the editor and play the game that way. Or I make them myself and play them in a couple of weeks and pretty much have forgotten precisely what I set up. But I do agree that for some reason I had beeter performance with my SUBROCS in stock game than with mods. They are so bad I do not use them anymore which is a shame. They have the "run to enable" so screwed up, yet no one here accepts the fact. The manual is clear in using ROCS that run to enable is how far the weapon flys till it drops the torpedo. The measure is in yard and I had an enemy sub at 22K yards and set the RTE at 21K yards. The missile flew over by miles!!! So i decide to let the auto crew try it and they set the RTE at 7 (not 7K) yards and the ROC dropped the payload not even halfway to the target. So until someone fixes it or I get privy to tweaking these files myself these will be continous issues. But still a fun game.
Frame57 is offline   Reply With Quote