View Single Post
Old 07-01-08, 09:42 PM   #128
Doolittle81
Commodore

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

My experience/results with the 177.26 drivers, quoting my other post in the other thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolittle81
I have now installed the 177.26 drivers. I ran SH4 1.5 with PE3 enabled, using my standard Test Mission (the NSM demo with stationary ships as targets....this allows four controlled nearly simultaneous explosions). Previously, it had been 100% crashes with the first explosion or DD deck Gun firing at me. Running SH4 1.5 with W_Clear's EE Mod, as I have reported elsewhere in several threads/forums, I previously had 90% success with some drivers but only with Post Processing and/or Envrionmental Effects turned off in In-Game options.

My 177.26 results, with all In-Game options enabled/maxed: I have not had the CTDs/BSODs which have plagued me for months with all other drivers when trying to run 1.5 with Pacific Environment Mod. I've not run a "full" mission yet, or a campaign/career patrol...but so far, it looks like these 177.26 Drivers are the solution!!!!! Keeping fingers crossed for the time being, though.

I have another custom Test mission which has 6+ DD's charging/attacking my sub, with extensive Deck guns firing, plus I get to make some simultaneous Torp hits/explosions. If I get the CTD's/BSODs I'll report back here. Otherwise, Silence from me means continuing success with 177.26 drivers.

FYI...My Rig:
ASUS P5N32-E SLI
Dual core E6700 Cpu
2GB OCZ PC2 8800 (1100Mhz) RAM
BFG 8800GTX w/768MB Graphics card
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote