View Single Post
Old 05-19-08, 03:42 PM   #2
XLjedi
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 53
Uploads: 8

If they're willing to drop 3-4k on an Alienware machine why are they piddling around with you? ...are they a friend or something, and just prefer to give you money?

If it were my friend I'd tell em, "Hey go buy the Alienware machine." ...thus avoiding any future headaches related to who they call when the thing gags (and it will gag) for the umpteenth time on some new Vista 64 update.

I like Asus boards... I hear Gigabyte is OK. If it's someone looking for an Alienware-like machine, I'm thinking $110 is a tad light for spending on a MoBo. I'd maybe read thru some of the "cons" listed amongst the 100 or so super-negative feedback items. Seems like maybe 1 in 10 of those budget boards arrives DOA.

I think for the two you've chosen, one is a budget model that I wouldn't trust... and the other is overpriced and still iffy based on limited reviews.

There's no such thing as "Futureproof" everything you put in it will be obsolete inside of 3-4 years. For the few hundred bucks you'll get to pocket for this (if anything), is the headache going to be worth it? :hmm: