View Single Post
Old 04-18-08, 05:27 PM   #15
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

When i made that uboat modlet, i admitidly didn't spend much time on it. (like an hour or so, on everything it contains)

I adjusted the crash depth to whatever the value was in stock sh3. For two reasons:
- i didnt want a 270 meter crash depth. I felt that unlrealistc
- I was pressed for time.

Going by memory, my guesstimate is that crush depth is around 220 meters. I did one test run, and it seemd to cccur around that point, although i was abusing TC at the time.

I did not however, test the crash speed. I just made the blind assumption that it was similar to stock SH4 fleet boats. The number shown in crash speed, does not behave the same way in SH3 as in Sh4. A 2 is a near insta crunch in SH3, in SH4 its a bit longer.

The hit points are half that of stock, so that could be an issue of the crash speed is not functioning as i think it is.

I could always go back and take a look at this again. Its not like im doing anything else right now. Overall i found the type9D2 in the uboat addon, the most uncooperative sub i have ever opened and editor against. NOTHING works as it should in the sim file, or i should say, standard adjustments to effect sub physics are seemingly doing nothing. I spent more (unsucessful) time on that subs sim file then i did on every adjustment i made in TMs uboat fix.

In the meantime, worse comes to worse, you could always remove the zon file from the modlet. Its not really neccessary, it's just a "realism" adjustment as opposed to a bug fix or functionality adjustment.

edit: Yes i know. .dammit duci, dont you test anything? Normally i look at things alot more closely then i did this modlet. It was a 11th hour bit of modding, and ive admited 2 or 3 times - i didn't spend much time on it. Given as much work on my plate to do for TM as a whole, Time for me, is something i have to strictly budget, so this bit didn't get my usual "loving care".
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote