View Single Post
Old 03-31-08, 04:56 AM   #7
Sung
Developer

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

But you have at least a running pre-alpha right ?
No, you can control a submarine and some ships are swimming around. It is a technical demo, no game.

What other project is this ?
A round based strategy game - not available yet.

Hmm, is this really the only reason you picked WWI subs ? I mean how much personal interest is behind it ?

We are personal interest in simulations, any kind.

You mean you do not know how realistic the game will turn out ?
Yes, because we wan't to write a computer game not a military simulation. If you mean Silent Service or others are simulations of a realy submarine, then we create a simulator. (Maybe it is a game simualtion, but no career modus, no missions, no crew management or such things.)

So far it'S the only available one, as far as I can see. Besides my own project there was another one that got abandoned however. So right now we are probably the only newcomer left
Every Game has it's own game mechanic an game play. I don't know how good our product will be, if it will be finished.

But not SHIII or IV ?
No. I personal have rare time for playing other games. The last game i played was CoD4.

Are you guys students or something ?
No, normal adult workers

That's what I also always need. I tried to research this particular subject for, I think more than 4 years now. But the results were usually meager. Most of the time it was a time consuming and painstacking process to find and puzzle together information fragments. I never came across an not even nearly complete documentation of the WWI subs interiours. You have picked one of the most difficult to research subjects, imo. But after some years and a general study of u-boat technology I gained an understanding of the subject that might allow me to recreate something more authentical. Good luck!

Thank you, thats one of the reasons in my opinion why it is difficult to make a "real" and authentic simulation.

btw if you want technical details you can brows my forum which contains planty of them.

Thank you deamon, it is interesting stuff.

Ah, comon give us some real screenshots, so that we can see the details and discuss the poor graphics

Sorry, but i can not show something that is changed every day. If there are some interesting aspects in the development i would be proud to show it here.

(i hope anybody can understand this english )
Sung is offline   Reply With Quote