View Single Post
Old 03-28-08, 08:20 AM   #90
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikimcbee
Dowly, do you do any Pacific fighters? Zero, P-40, wildcat, etc. What do you do to make the skins? Is there a templet? It would be cool to try this out.
I do mainly Luftwaffe planes, for the simple reason that they have more different schemes they used. Allied planes use pretty much the same schemes, and then it comes down to details to make it look different. Something I'm not good at. I've though about skinning P51's and P47's, but an aluminium look is very hard to make, so havent touched them much.

As for the skinning itself, yes, I do use templates whenever it's possible and I can find one. Mostly Serval's templates as they have good panel lines that fit to any color you decide to use without having to tinker with them. Pretty much all of the templates are in Photoshop .PSD format, so you need Photoshop.

As for where to find templates, I use Simmers Paint Shop. There's a limit of two or three downloads a day for non-registered users, but it's free to register so. Also, on the same site you find under the 'Colour Swatches' tab, the colors that different airforces used.

EDIT: Oh and if you need any reference pics, http://wp.scn.ru/ that site has tons for every aircraft.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote