Old 03-23-08, 02:28 PM   #62
Bewolf
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

[quote=Ducimus]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewolf

Actually, i'm very well and equally versed in both The Atlantic U-boat campaign AND the Pacific submarine campaign.
No, you are not. Else you'd know that attacking an allied Convoy in 44 alone was as, if not more dangerous then anything the US boats faced, and that includes the heavy stuff like harbor intrusions. Not to start about Scapa Flow or some of the actions involved with the delivery of agents to the US, Canada and the UK. So saying the daring stuff was in the Pacific while the Atlantic was just about convoy duty is a bit....far fetched.

Quote:
Imagine that the last Uboat sim was SH1, (made 12 years ago), and every sim since then, you've had nothing but Fleetboats shoved at you when all you wanted was a Uboat sim. So you finally get a uboat sim, and not too long there after, people start trying to convert it back to ANOTHER fleetboat sim. Whats more, since it has such a huge and rabid fanboy following, it threatens to stunt the growth of the campaign you wanted because the majority of community efforts will go to the theater that youve had to put up for several years. AND THEN, you have Fleetboat fans making posts like this:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...3&postcount=33

You might just be a little upset.
And herein lies the confusion.

1. Even if it was a "conversion", which it is not, nobody forces you to download and play it. Just because others look forward to having fun with stuff "they" like, opposite what "you" like, is no reason to get offensive whatsoever. Besides even if this stuff is modded for the Atlantic, the Pacific won't go away. That is the great thing about the addon, that it enables you to play "both" sides within "one" game. By my logic it can't become any better.
So this appears like a simple jealousy born line of argument. Or do you think that with the development of mods for the atlantic the pacific becomes any worse? Or does not get the attention you think it deserves? It's all in the modders hands.

Look, you got a great game here. SH IV now with all the patches is one of the best sub sims there are. Immersion and atmosphere is at it's top. It is a game that, going by your line of argument, fleetboat fans could only dream about for years. But it's here now, it has everything in place to make it even greater. The Atlantic fans have their modders, and so have the Pacific folks. So seriously, where is the problem?

2. That link you posted blows. It was completly uncalled for and I certainly understand your frustration over it. No argument here.