View Single Post
Old 03-17-08, 11:46 AM   #192
simkodavid
Swabbie

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0
Default New gamer, old problems

Hi all,
I'm new to SH4, used to play Silent Hunter Commander Edition (kind of a special release of SH1) a lot. I still keep the whole package.

Decided to come back to the game, I've bought SH4+U-Boat Add on and installed it. I've downloaded Captain Midnights CBS NEWS Sound Mod, BBC_World sound mod and GreenLamp1.5 mod. I've decided on practicing a while before downloading SH4-ver15_TMO and RSRDC_V310_for_V15.

1. Game related question: when submerged and taking damage on the deck gun, why is the deck gun crew injured? I'm submerged, they are not suppose to be on deck?

2. Game crash: I've played the tutorial and the first two Patrol missions, difficulty level - 50. I keep getting game crashes at least one per mission, some times more.

3. Sound from radio problem: while playing the radio, now and then one of the added radio stations plays in a very fast pitch or very slow but not the original station (washington).

Are any of the mentioned above problems related to the mods or are the mods verified as problems free?

Last but not least,(not a bug) What happened to the calendar with sunrise and sunset times, and is there an option for weather reports ? an add on maybe?

I followed most of the advices found on the forum, i.e latest drivers for my Radeon X800 and the onboard sound. clean install of XP pro, the CPU is P4 3G, M/B is Abit and I've installed 2GB of RAM.

The only programs loaded besides hardware drivers are
the HP PSC drivers and ZoneAlarm security suite.

Have I missed something or is it normal game behaviour?

Thanks in advanced.
simkodavid is offline   Reply With Quote