View Single Post
Old 03-05-08, 02:08 PM   #8
MONOLITH
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeadler
With subsims they have basically no competitors in the market and need not to fear that someone else offers a better product.

The supply & demand/competition aspect is certainly true.

However, I do look at every new sub type game that appears on the main newspage of Subsim; and every other sub game I have seen or tried, is arcadish compared to the Silent Hunter series. I would say that regardless of 'lack of competition', Ubi Romania certainly put their heart and soul into creating an excellent product.

No game is perfect, and I tend to focus on the good things a game brings me, not on it's faults.

Last night I took my new Uboat on a world trip up to the North Atlantic. I made a brief stop into Scapa Flow, and then on up to more frigid waters. Somewhere, way further up north than we're supposed to go, in the middle of the night, I called an all stop.

I stood on the deck, the full moon glowing an orange yellow low on the horizon. All around me, a North Atlanic wind blew white caps against my boat, a strangely calming sound of the water lapped against her sides. An eerily realistic wind blew across my headphones.

I looked up at the flickering stars, and actually saw Orion the Hunter and Taurus the bull, exactly where they're supposed to be. Around me, nothing for miles and miles but ocean, and adventure.

"Crank her up boys. Let's head south, and raise some hell."

Silent Hunter is an amazing experience; not a flawed game.