elanaiba
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkbarGulag
Quote:
Originally Posted by elanaiba
AkbarGulag, am I to understand that you have bough the game engine from us ?
I certainly bought the rights to use it in its entirety.

Here's an example, the Game GuildWars. You would have heard of it i'm sure. This game I have purchased 3 expansions + mulitiple bonus 'add-ons'. But at the same time, the game will always make sure I have the same 'patch version' as any other player. Guild Wars has cost me about $500. The reason I keep spending the money is because I feel I will always be looked after. When I log into Guild Wars, I am updated with new content with no fee... constant 'patching'. I realise Anet has set a very high bar, maybe I am wrong to expect this much from each game I purchase.

It seems everyone has an urge to kick me at this point, for you it should be no different.
Hmmm, did I say anything about kicking anyone? Not that I would be able, I am not a mod.

Now..

Quote:
It's not about how cheap it is, it's about the fact it builds on a game engine I bought in entirety, expecting to be a prime benefactor of improvements to that engine.
You have not bought the Silent Hunter Engine in the sense you buy the UT engine, for example. As for the MP problem, I can sympathize, but that is unsolvable for us.

There are many games where the MP player base is divided by versions - see IL-2 -> AEP -> PF -> 1946. You can't play with the big guys unless you have the latest version. Perfect solution? no!

And frankly, If I didn't have a technology impediment and full decision control, my games would have "everyone has the same base, buy the new stuff to get to use it".

But if the add-on adds new ships, and you get them for free, why buy the add-on then?

elanaiba is offline   Reply With Quote