Thread: iPod touch
View Single Post
Old 02-20-08, 09:49 PM   #5
Etienne
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

You can take notes directly on the iPod with the updated version, and IIRC the previous software didn't have notes at all.

File sharing (Synching) is done by connecting to a pc with iTunes. Wifi only gets you on the internet, checking you email, weather, stock quotes and maps.

(The positioning system, whatever it is, is suprisingly accurate. If there's a wireless signal, it'll position you within about a block. Amazing for a device without a GPS receiver)

As for synching files with outlooks or whatever... I don't know. I don't see anything to that effect right now. Keep in mind that it's an Apple product, so it's more likely to be compatible with Google than with MS products :-D

If you're not familliar with Apples, know that iTune isn't the fascist program some people make it out to be. It's very convivial - The only thing is that it's very easy to spend money :-D

Keep in mind that it's a MP3 player first and foremost, not a PDA. While it is amazing (For those of us who are over 15 years old), it's not yet a standalone computer.

Also, to work in the first place, it must be connected to a computer with iTunes and internet access, to initialize and such. Not a big deal - it takes ten minutes - but if you buy the iPod at a time in your life where you don't have net access (Like I did), then you're...
Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote