Captain Nemo
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Nemo
Also, was there a line in narrowband at 50Hz, this normally identifies a Russian sub, not sure if the Sovremenny Class destroyer has similar characteristics though.
Yes,there was a line in the 50hz mode also and signature display showed that was a Charlie class either.

I recommend everyone to try out Seawolf's campaign in SCXIIC.There is a sub,Akula-II Class "Gepard" that performs like a monster.The only time I was able to detect her was in Akula Port Egress mission.In all other,deep blue water missions it is simply stealthy.Almost completely silent.I recognize her being there only after she fires several Shkvals at me.Today,I picked her up on towed array broadband with very weak signal,started a turn to solve out the ambiguity and lost the contact in the result.AI in SCXIIC is just rocking
Did you assign a tracker in narrowband on the 50Hz line? This may sort your problem out.

When I get a chance I'm going to try the Seawolf campaign. Please remind me, did this campaign come with stock SC or do I need to download it from somewhere? I agree, the Akula can be very difficult to pick up. When I want to play a quick mission in SC I fire up 'Command Challenge' and I guarantee I don't know it's there unitil I here 'torpedo in the water'! Yep, SCXII is a great mod.

Nemo

Sir John Slessor GCB, DSO, MC, DL
AOC-in-C Coastal Command RAF