View Single Post
Old 02-07-08, 11:04 AM   #3
Stanny
Loader

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Nemo
Were there any other platforms other than Charlie Class showing on the narrow band selection screen?
Yes,there were also fishing boats,cargo ships and trawlers.There is a rather heavy surface traffic in that area.

Quote:
Also, was there a line in narrowband at 50Hz, this normally identifies a Russian sub, not sure if the Sovremenny Class destroyer has similar characteristics though.
Yes,there was a line in the 50hz mode also and signature display showed that was a Charlie class either.

I always try to scan through broadband array first.I turn to sphere array in shallow waters,when I do not have the possibility to stream the towed array fully.

Quote:
As said earlier...if you have doubts, it doesn't hurt to take a peek thru the scope or using the ESM for clasification.
Yes,I go to PD from time to time and scope arround,and both ESM and periscope show me more or less the same I see on sonar stations.

I recommend everyone to try out Seawolf's campaign in SCXIIC.There is a sub,Akula-II Class "Gepard" that performs like a monster.The only time I was able to detect her was in Akula Port Egress mission.In all other,deep blue water missions it is simply stealthy.Almost completely silent.I recognize her being there only after she fires several Shkvals at me.Today,I picked her up on towed array broadband with very weak signal,started a turn to solve out the ambiguity and lost the contact in the result.AI in SCXIIC is just rocking
Stanny is offline   Reply With Quote