AVGWarhawk
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 90
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sarsfield
I found this in the electrical chapter of the 1946 Fleet Boat manual:

Quote:
The Main generators are rated at approximately 2650 amperes at 415 volts and 1100 kilowatts.
Quote:
Description of the auxiliary generator. The 300-kw direct current auxiliary generator Is a two-wire, compensated, differential compound machine. The generator is self-excited, but the switching is arranged so that separate excitation may be obtained from the battery. The machines can produce 300 kw at 1200 rpm at any voltage from 260 volts to 345 volts, and 150 kw at 600 rpm at 260 volts.
Quote:
6C2. Searchlight. The 12-inch incandescent signal searchlight requires a 120-volt d.c. supply. It is not considered a part of the lighting system because the supply is taken from a fused, double pole, single throw switch on the I.C. switchboard and led to a pressure-proof receptacle and snap switch on the bridge.
Other devices like heaters, coffee pots, the stove, etc. run on 240 or 250 Volts. I'll have to look in the communications and alarms chapter to see if it mentions the voltage for that system.
Good find Like I said, the voltages are very different than working on the type of radio we use today. I see the DC current for the searchlight. Something I mention! So just be careful and think before you power it up BTW, if you can get the searchlight in close to function order, switch it to AC/DC for standard electrical service. I'm betting a new socket and bulb could be retrofitted. Same thing we did with the fans and the radar motor to make it run.