Old 11-20-07, 10:34 AM   #20
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock
Quote:
What does it support officially and who is the manufacturer ?
Right this is where it gets confusing, the computer I'm talking about is my Hewlett Packard DV2000 laptop, which has an Intel GMA 950 for graphics. Now, if you look up the specs for this, it claims to support Pixel Shader 2.0, however, I've had plenty of stuff fail to run on it because it reports that it does not support Shader 2.0. Silent Hunter 4 and Armed Assault being two examples of this. However, despite that, it does run DSzZ (aka SOF), so one has to assume that it is running it despite the thing not supporting Shader 2.0 (even though the spec sheet claims that it does, and I don't care what the spec sheet claims - when it won't fire up SH4 or ARMA and says that's because the graphics don't support shader 2.0 in a little pop up box, then that's what I'm going to go off, not the spec sheet).
Well, what can also be is simple that your hardware actually support shader 2.0 but only to a certain degree. Enough for SOF but not enough for ArmA and SH4. I think the same was with the ATI 1x00 serie. If I understood it right they supported shader 2.0 but certain things were broken and were never fixed in this serie. Therefore do not qualify to clime that it supports shader 2.0. Same could be true with the chip you have on your laptop.

Ahh, intel chips! That says it all

Maybe not the prime choice for games.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote