View Single Post
Old 11-11-07, 11:45 PM   #25
Deamon
Commodore

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird
Not sure, but I guess so for the ready rack. Leo2A4 was the first being produced in large quantities, the earlier were prototypes and test models.
Nope, I think they were build in even greater quantities than the Leo2A4 but were upgraded later to the 2A4 variant.

http://www.panzerbaer.de/types/bw_kpz_leopard_2-a.htm

Quote:
The peri is for the TC only. TC has both the optical daylight peri, and thermal as a separate unit.
What means seperate ? They are not both installed in the peri ?

As I understand it, in the Leo 2A4, the peri view is a pure day light optics and the thermal imager is rigidly installed in the turret and always points into the direction of the gun. So when the commander wants to look with it elsewhere he has to overrider the gunner and turn the turret.

But when I understood it right the Leo 2A5/A6 has a second thermal imager installed in the peri, besides the day light optics, so that the TC has it's own independant one. Is this reflected in SBP ?

Quote:
Both are two different devices. Both are working independant from the gunner's sights.
The gunners thermal imager is not independen from its sight. It's just that since the 2A5, the leos have a second thermal imager in the peri. Isn't this reflected in SBPE ?
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote