View Single Post
Old 08-21-07, 08:15 AM   #151
WernerSobe
Commodore

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by leovampire
Okay if you look at the Zone's file where you list flooding times and effects of explosions. At the top of it there is a passage:

"It'a advisible to edit the values for parameters using the Zones Properties
; Editor. Note that the Editor doesn't provide the feature to add/delete a zone
; from [Zones List], therefore before edit the parameter for a new zone, one must
; manually add it in [Zones List] section then start the Zones Properties Editor.

That editor is in the main root directory of the game before you even go into the Data file. It is a ACT file so it will take a special program to open it one that handles that code and no HEX editor can adjust the file the way it is coded as far as I can read and tell.

All the damge and zon and zone's file's are tied to that one thing. If something is adjusted beyond the paramiters it is set for or to understand it can and probably will cause the effects that are now being experienced.
Ive took this in account ive payed attention to correct IDs. Although we have no zone editor, i doubt it can do anything more then hex can do.

I think it has something to do with the effect generators. Ive added effect generators like fires and smokes to many zones. I havent touched the sub zones but it could be that the sub is also dealing with ship zones. It is not unusual, ive seen ships dealing with zones from other ships (i.e. fubuki destroyer was using zones from battleships).

Can someone who sees that again do me a favor and use the ext cam to find out where the smoke is coming from. Find the source if possible, thanks.
WernerSobe is offline   Reply With Quote