View Single Post
Old 07-24-07, 11:42 PM   #215
DirtyACE
Engineer

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

Hi everyone,

I am completely new to this game. I don't have any experience with SH as this is the first sub game I have ever played. Just got it a few days ago and am still only on the Naval Academy part. I'm currently trying to pass the Torpedo training and exam. This forum and especially this thread have been extremely helpful and I thank all the great people that are a part of this community. Now I have some questions:

1. I'm eager to try the GWX mod but am confused. I went to the link underneath the sig of one of the members to download the mod but found a list of different files with GWX in their name fields. Are all these for the mod, like different parts or do I just need to download one of them?

2. This is related to GWX as well. I already created a profile for myself within the game but haven't started an actual career yet, still in Navy Academy. After I have installed GWX, will I be able to continue with my current profile with the new changes and additions of the mod or will I have to make a new one?

3. I have already downloaded the SH3Comdr27 mod and the Sh3Gen_v082 mod. Are these the most current versions? Also, should these two be installed after GWX or before? I know they're supposed to be stand-alone mods but I just want to make sure that what I'm doing is correct.

4. Here's the current list of essential mods that are recommended:
- GWX
- SH3Comdr2
- Sh3Gen_v082

Do I have all of them covered or are there other mods that you would recommend for a newbie?
DirtyACE is offline   Reply With Quote