Thread: il2 sturmovik
View Single Post
Old 06-30-07, 11:27 AM   #105
Chock
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default IL2 question

I've not really flown the bombers much in IL2 1946, but I was having a bash at it last night with a Luftwaffe career (cos I love the He-111).

One problem I came across was that it didn't seem to want to let me start my engines (this is despite the fact that I've mapped all the engine select switches and magnetos in the sim). I got around this by switching the autopilot on, to let the sim start the engines, then switched it off in order to take off and fly the rest of the mission.

However, a problem arose which ended up with me having to force land on the way back. I was messing around with the mixture to see how much I needed to back it off at bombing altitude, and of course during my investigations I cut it back too far, causing the engines to stop at about 14,000 feet. I assumed, as you would in real life, that simply letting the airflow turn the props and messing with the mixture woulod enable me to restart the engines, but no dice, they refused to crank up (even the autopilot wouldn't do it for me). So I had no choice but to belly land the thing on our side of the lines, unfortunately, Feldwebel Chock's bombing career came to an abrupt end as he was captured anyway, which was a bummer, as I absolutely creamed the target (a bridge).

See some screenshots of this on the screenshot thread.

So, my question is, how the feck do I start the engines on the He-111?