View Single Post
Old 06-18-07, 08:35 AM   #761
stu762
Swabbie

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default Battleship Heaven

Ok I suspect this mission is an anomally but it's december 42 and I am doing my patrol off the Marianas .. sink a few merchants with the deck gun ... ho hum nothing too exciting there.Then I look at my zoomed out map ... lo and behold, a task force, heading roughly my way ... hmmm I think to myself .. gotta have a piece of that!

So I plot my intercept to run parallel to what I estimate their continued course to be (I'm often wrong about this though and patrol empty seas forever), I hit time acceleration and wait for a while running at flank (easy settings cos I am a crap seaman - so no fuel running out issues) Anyways, my radarman reports contacts off the port bow - long range, so I check my ext camera - and I see an ocean of big bad Japanese warships, 2 Yamatos 2 Kongos and an Ise with accompanying cruisers and DDs plus tankers ... Imagine my grin

I slink into a decent firing point - loose off 4 bow tubes at the Yamato - hoping to slow it down if not sink it outright, and 2 bow tubes at 1 of the Kongo's. I then dive to 100 metersand hit all stop hoping to reload and be lucky! Well lucky wasnt the word after a bit of DD attention and some creeping away at 1 knot I come to periscope depth to see a load of lifeboats where roughly the Yamato was - exxxxxcellent!

The Kongo's are moving away but slower than the rest of the convoy - now I only launched at one of them so I am a bit confused at this, but here come the DD's again so time to leg it - next thing I know on my attack map there are little blue crosses flying around the place. "OK this make a nice change for me to get air cover" i think then I check my scope again - and they are diving bombing the Kongos ... leading to the 2 of them being dead in the water waiting for my stern fish to say hello!!

Anyway, you get the gist of where this is going, I ended up with 2 kongos and a Yamato plus assorted merchants to my name!! Ah happy days.
stu762 is offline   Reply With Quote