View Single Post
Old 04-23-07, 05:36 AM   #160
Redwine
Sea Lord

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
I did a little testing of my own and as usual came up with nothing conclusive.

A couple observations:

Quote:
ElevationMin =0
ElevationMax=360
I noticed alot of SH3 radars constructed simularly. Infact, id encourge anyone to examine SH3's radar's for a point of comparision since they're a known entity. Anyway, improving this to encompass all 360 degrees seems to eliminate any chance of a blind spot based on direction of travel and nothing else. I left my files at 359/181, to be safe, but if theres any harm in changing it to 0/360 im not seeing it.
I did that initially, to be sure to catch contacts, but i was reducing it, later i test 0-181, and 359-181.

The only problem with 0-360 may be ... we will pick up subs. MinHeight must to avoid it, but nothing seems to works normally into this file.

Quote:
Another thign i noticed was that after decreasing the MinSensorHeight from 0.2 to 0, a MinHeight change from 8.3 to 9 was still able to pick up aircraft on a Gato. If i remember correctly, before, 9M min height broke air contacts. Hence the 8.3 settings. Increasing it past 9, it no longer worked. I had a halfassed idea to try a minSensorheight of -0.2 and increasing the min height to 10, just to see if it would work. Probably would, but we'd be back to the same problem as before. But, its as if this sucker is acting as an umbrella, with the minSensorHeight being the very bottom edge of that umprella.
The way how reacts the game to this setting is really strnage. I will maintain you 8,3, i remember you wrote before at 8,4 you have not thusted contacts.

Quote:
Changing SD to RWR.
Ive tried again, twice, two different ways. Not working.
I dont like too much the idea of mount radars on planes to ba abkle to have a RWR.

Here the last tweaked files status i am testing for if some body need it.

http://files.filefront.com/Radar_Fix.../fileinfo.html

Last edited by Redwine; 04-23-07 at 05:57 AM.
Redwine is offline   Reply With Quote