Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdavis
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducimus
Already made SJ avialable at war start. SD packs don't need to go bye bye really. No reason you can't have both radars, its just that the SD radar wont detect anything. Doing it this way saves time and effort, and leaves the door open incase the SD radar does get fixed. In the event that it does, all i have to do is replace a single file, and not the multiple files it would take to remove the SD.
Of course this works ^...but putting together a stand alone mod would be pretty easy.
It might be nice if there were no distinction between the types, just plain ole radar...by completely removing the sd it would make things a lot less confusing.
Could make the name displayable of sj to Radar and sj1 to Adv Radar, I know its alot of editing but its just a thought...would do it myself if I knew what to tweak in the sj to detect planes (might do it for myself anyway)

Just thinking outloud...
Well, on the output side, I don't think there was any distinction built into the engine. Contacts, map contacts, and the SJ radar displays all take in the radar data as if it is from one sensor. Thus we end up with a PPI radar display in 1942 that also shows aerial contacts in detail.
My thoughts exactly...so why even have sd? do this at least until the dev's fix it, if they ever do.

I've been messing with this, what a mess...it seems that you cant entirely remove the sd just render it useless, which I dont like...I may just return to the .sim file for v1.1 and call it good until a proper fix comes along.

Last edited by shad43; 04-23-07 at 02:20 AM.
shad43 is offline   Reply With Quote