Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace11
Here it is...

1.2 + 90/270 fix +working SD fix + SD detects only planes

http://www.speedyshare.com/505199404.html

I recommend testing this new file in the "edit" mission I posted on the previous page using a Porpoise from 1945 which lacks the SJ radar. You're first hint of a surface contact should be when you spot Yamato steaming at you at 25 kts from bearing 313. Planes are from 0, 180, 270, 90 degrees in the mission and all are set at 500m altitude, the one from 270 arrives a bit late I noticed.

The fix for SD was simple...

Elevation!!!! Stopped it dipping below horizon while keeping the 90/270 fix for a full 360 sweep.

WARNING!!!! - low flying aircraft may not be detected. I have tested 100m and 50m and they can approach the SD undetected. 500m - the default altitiude for planes in the game - is detected however..

This variation with altitude may add to the realism as US subs with SD could not not detect very low flying planes... so don't be over-reliant on your new "fully functional" SD set..

I still catching the ships contacts with this file

Into map and into SD PPI....

Why ?

Plus "one search sweep" seems to not works...
SD has no display. If the PPI is accessible, you have SJ radar installed (or maybe SV, I guess).

Problem is, SD radar incorrectly feeds contacts to the SJ A-scope and PPI display, so if you have both installed, you will see both types of contacts, but I do believe it is the SD detecting air and SJ detecting surface.

edit: that is unless something really changed with 1.2 and they gave SD access to the displays without SJ installed at all, which means they just took a problem and made it worse. I'll have to double check in a sub with SD only.