Old 04-16-07, 06:52 PM   #26
Castout
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 89
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhealy
Great looking u-boat Castout

Are those after market parts on the conning tower?

What are the 4 raised pieces near the bow?
All parts are stock parts/vanilla Revell's 1/72

The four raised piecesnear the bow are actually life rafts/place to keep the life rafts. This is not modelled in SH3 as SH3 use the same model of generic VIIB/VIIC to represent VIIC/41.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waste gate
Any luck with this Castout?

Quote:

What's the best alternative thread for use as cables? What's the genuine color? Should i paint/spray the thread? It's already black.
Anyone with experience in this particular model? Your expertise is appreciated .
Thx
Still looking for appropiate thread. Thinking abt using copper wires but it would look kinky. Abt fixing the thread unto the hull well either superglue or an eyebolt will do it.

btw the port side gray chip above the front saddle tank is not a paint chip. It's not there on the actual model i wonder why it's there on the photograph at all. And the two starboard gray dashes somewhere above the bow planes are actually reflections they're dark blue in actual model. very dark blue.

@Hunter ICX glad you like it. i'm gonna put her(custom built order) encase with acrylic case and a wooden base with nameplate. But got to do the rigging first. If i ever

Last edited by Castout; 04-16-07 at 07:03 PM.
Castout is offline   Reply With Quote