Old 03-07-07, 04:02 PM   #7
aatyas
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default ok- post just here.

Thanks. Started updating this post.
need to delete other post.
The problem appears to be with disk 1 not being recognised on my laptop only. i cant access it. Will have to try to copy the diskettte and see. or will have to download sub Command from one of the Navy packs from steam. Was just trying to install from some other media- but that was not working. I tried to install using all executible files from:-

a) Installing from the setup file in the setup folder and then i get a window saying to install correct path and shows "c:\setup\" grayed out so I cant change the path.

b) Installing from the autorun file- it says to enter the correct CD.

I also copied both disks to the hard disk of the laptop as d1 and d2 and tried to install. But doesnt not get past start.

Disk 2 is recognised by the laptop with no problem. Disk 1 just spins and nothing shows in the d drive and when i try to open the drive- it says that the drive is either empty.

ps:

by the way thought it was a software thing too. So transferred all my files to a hard disk and reinstalled windows from scratch and drivers and tried to install game as first program- but again disk 1 not being accessed.

2:52am: SUCCESS!! Well partial. Copied the setup folder onto c:\ and tried install from disk1 folder on c:\- and it installed up to asking for cd2 (also to be in same path as d1). And just my luck- gave both CDs to my friend to burn copies. Now i have to wait a day- dammit!

checked my backup drive and wouldnt you know it- i deleted the d2 folder- as the disk was readable. Sigh!

Last edited by aatyas; 03-07-07 at 04:24 PM.
aatyas is offline   Reply With Quote