View Single Post
Old 12-21-06, 11:26 AM   #12
Cpt. Stewker
Planesman

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Instrument Landing Training: Check

The training mission does the Instrument landing in daylight so if you have to use visual cues you are able. IE you can see the runway. I want to try it at night or in heavy fog, to really see it work and if I can really do it. You have to really follow your instruments on this one. Watch your altitude gauge, airspeed, throttle, HSI, ADI, it's alot more heavy on the brain power than say a visual approach.

Flameout Landing Training: Check

They made this mission fairly difficult, mainly because the low cloud ceiling. You lose all your engines above the cloud layer at about 10,000 feet or so. The cloud deck is at 3,000 or something. You better be around the runway before you commit to getting below those clouds, because you are never going back up through them (least not on this flight and in this life). First time I did this I was succesful but landed like a ton of bricks onto the runway. Crushed all three landing gear struts and skidded down the runway in a shower of sparks. But none the worse for wear. Second time I got it perfect!

Now onto "Navigation and Timing".

EDIT: oh and yeah speaking of LO:MAC. I have read that there are mods out for that sim that make the F-16 flyable... which is awesome, only thing is that it seems the modders cannot make a F-16 cockpit to go with it, which kinda sours the whole deal. Anyone know if someone has made a F-16 cockpit for LO:MAC?

Last edited by Cpt. Stewker; 12-21-06 at 12:03 PM.
Cpt. Stewker is offline   Reply With Quote