View Single Post
Old 11-19-06, 10:38 AM   #32
Sub Sailor
Commander

Downloads: 66
Uploads: 0
Default I do

I am still enjoying SC, and I now have the "Naval Compact Pack", and the flashing is gone, Bravo Zulu" to the people who fixed it.
Now SC is really enjoyable, especially with SCXIIc installed. Don't know about SCU.
I know there are many people on this site who criticize SC, but as a 24 year Veteran of the Submarine Service, most of it during the Cold War, SC is a damm fine simulations, closer to REAL submarine operations than other sims.
Now before you start firing in the post of how dumb I am preferring SC more than DW, I believe in free choice, so if you don't like SC don't play it, but respect my right to prefer SC over DW, and please note no criticism is made about DW.
I actually believe the NCP will breathe new life into "an old sim", and people like myself will start developing new scenarios. I hope Mr. Nichols adapts his excellent "Red Strom Rising" campaign and single scenarios to this rejuvenated sim. Hint Hint
For the record the "Old Man" went Buffalo hunting and got a real fine animal, about 1000 pounds, so mucho meat in the freezer, along with this year's Elk. If you are in Idaho stop in for some fine steaks.

Smooth Sailing everyone,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)
Sub Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote