View Single Post
Old 10-28-06, 03:11 PM   #8
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman
Which files are you referring to, Art? Is it possible to "see"/modify the campaign files somehow? The only major fault I have always encountered in SH1 is the excessive number of convoys and shipping. The traffic is too intense, probably because in version 1.0 of the game you were limited to 256x time compression, and without huge numbers of ships you would have had too boring patrols (For the average consumer, not for the ones who like realism).
I am sorry, I thought I was subscribed to this thread so I missed your reply.

The files are in the DATA directory: IJNSHIPS.DAT and SHIPS.DAT. Kim Ronhof (the great) wrote a program we were toying with using in our Pacific Thunder Campaign to restrict warships if they were already sunk in the campaign. These files list all of the ships available to the game by date. The restriction program is approx 446 kb so I could email it to you if you are interested. It reads SHIPS.DAT and writes to IJNSHIPS.DAT and backs up the IJNSHIPS.DAT to restore later.

Kim also wrote a manual navigation program so I patrol using the 12 mile map and only look at the big map once a day. THAT cuts down on contacts! lol

Art
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote