View Single Post
Old 05-01-24, 10:05 AM   #5
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowblade View Post
the one with more renown
but I guess that ocean liner / troop transport has higher priority - everything which can move troops to Europe should be eliminated.

I would try to get both. When I am not sure, I use magnetic shots to cripple the ship, because immobilised ship is easy prey.
Precisely! Liners capable of carrying upwards of 5,000+ troops: ie a division for a D-Day type landing are a strategic target whereas a cruser or carrier is a tactical target. The Queen Mary, Queen Elizabeth, RMS Britannic(Titanic's sister ship-hit a mine in the Agean Sea) and WWI's HMS Lusitania, torpedoed off Ireland, were such. Only the heavy Cruiser USS Indianapolis, transporting the atomic bomb that ended WWII, attains brief strategic status...after which it was tactically sunk on the return voyage with massive loss of life by an IJN submarine.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote