View Single Post
Old 04-08-24, 02:28 PM   #34
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
I watched it with my Red and Blue 3D glasses.
It was like seeing it in real life.
nuthin' good goes outta style I wore them in 1960, age 9, to see the ghosts in GHOST
Quote:
It just can't be as much fun watching this at home without a Ghost Viewer as it would have been back in the day. When you went to the theatre, you were given a piece of plastic with two strips of colored plastic. When the ghosts appear, you can look through the red strip and see them (eek!) Or if you were just hopelessly terrified to the point where your underwear was not safe. you could look through the blue plastic and see the scene without that nasty apparitions (since the ghosts were shown in blue in an otherwise black & white film. Or was it the other way around? Sounds kind of like a William Castle epic, you may well think and indeed it was. I wonder if William Castle would be more highly regarded as a filmmaker if he hadn't gone in for the goofy gimmicks? Maybe. He did mostly lightweight drive-in horror flicks but some (like SARDONICUS) were pretty good in their own right.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote