View Single Post
Old 03-17-24, 08:07 PM   #5870
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 444
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
Thanks for that.. My bad accepting the Balao too early in time.. I've re-started
the career.
Sorry you had to do that. Any Save earlier in the career, prior to the awarding of the Balao, should have worked fine. We'll have another try at getting the game to cooperate in the next release, but it will most likely just be more of the same... which is somewhat related to what LuckCapitan has below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyCapitan View Post
Hello
On one of his patrols in the Bungo Strait, the submarine SS-177 Pickerel (Porpoise class) encountered an interesting Japanese submarine. I have identified it as a Sen-Taka class submarine. Looks like this is Japan's new secret weapon 😨
This patrol took place, it seems, in February 1942. Lol
This is another of several of the game's "I can break the rules, but you cannot" kind of things. There is what the game calls a Random Generated Group that has a "GENERIC" call for a submarine in the area, and the game chooses what it wants, whether it is a valid call by date or not. Now, if I tried to specifically do that, the game would throw a hissy fit, and bomb, but as I said, it is the boss... I might dig into that and try to find it though for the next release, and change that to a specific sub, such as a Jyunsen B or Kaidai or something "valid"...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote