View Single Post
Old 03-13-24, 03:40 AM   #312
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Meta has launched a recall campaign for its separately sold Elite Battery Headstrap.

Shortly after the release of the Quest 3 and the Elite Battery head strap, there was a lot of feedback reporting problems with the external Elite battery headstrap. Many people sent theirs back and got them replaced with new ones without any problems. Officially, Meta said they were working on an update to the software.

This option seems now to have ended in a dead end, it doesn't seem possible. Meta is currently sending emails to Elite Battery Headstrap customers to check online the serial number of the purchased set. If you qualify for a faulty set in this way, you will be notified immediately online and they will send you a new one "within eight weeks" (quote). It is not necessary to send the old one back.

They took their time, but now this customer service act works.

I've only noticed that when it's off, the external Elite headstrap battery drains 25-30% per day if you don't unplug the connector between the battery and the headset. Plug it out, and there were no issues at all for me. Otherwise I had no problems, and I usually use an external power bank anyway. But many users reported that the headset no longer recognized the battery after a few charging cycles. It was dead, while holding a charge, or being unable to be recharged.

Assuming the new ones work flawlessly, its an alright item then. Still extremely overpriced, but lacking a few issues reported on other alternative products, and the headstrap itself wears very comfortably, i must admit that. I can wear it for an hour or two or longer, without any pains or headaches. Very comfortable. The only pains I currently feel is from swinging that golf club like Conan.

You will definitely need an external battery solution for the Quest 3. May it be the Elite battery headstrap, or that of another manufacturer, or a powerbank.

To be clear: the issue is with the Elite battery headstrap, not with the Quest 3 headset itself.